Friday 5 March 2010

Week 25 Team


Week 25 Fixtures;

Sat, Mar 6
Arsenal v Burnley
Wolves v Man Utd
West Ham v Bolton

Sun, Mar 7
Everton v Hull

Mon, Mar 8
Wigan v Liverpool

Tue, Mar 9
Portsmouth v Birmingham
Sunderland v Bolton

Wed, Mar 10
Burnley v Stoke


As you can see, Bolton and Burnley have Double Games with Aston Villa, Blackburn, Chelsea, Fulham, Man City and Tottenham without a game in week 25. So unless you have huge discounts, I'd avoid players from the 6 teams with a Premiership week off!

So what is a huge discount? At this stage in the season, I'd say the discount needs to be 4+ units. For example, if you have Bale @ 2.75 keep him but A Johnson @ 4ish should be sold.


After feedback I've added Predicted Line Ups:

Arsenal vs Burnley:

Arsenal: Almunia, Sagna, Vermaelen, Silvestre, Clichy, Denilson, Eboue, Fabregas, Nasri, Bendtner, Walcott.
Burnley: Jensen, Mears, Carlisle, Cort, Fox, Bikey, Elliott, Alexander, Blake, Fletcher, Paterson.


West Ham vs Bolton:

West Ham: Green, Faubert, Tomkins, Upson, Spector, Behrami, Parker, Kovac, Diamanti, Franco, Cole.
Bolton: Jaaskelainen, Steinsson, Ricketts, Knight, Robinson, Muamba, Lee, Wilshere, Taylor, Elmander, Kevin Davies.


Wolves vs Man United:

Wolves: Hahnemann, Craddock, Foley, Berra, Zubar, Guedioura, Henry, Jones, Jarvis, Doyle, Ward.
Man Utd: Van der Sar, Evra, Vidic, Ferdinand, Rafael, Carrick, Fletcher, Valencia, Nani, Scholes, Berbatov.

Everton vs Hull:

Everton: Howard, Baines, Distin, Heitinga, Neville, Rodwell, Arteta, Pienaar, Bilyaletdinov, Donovan, Anichebe.
Hull: Myhill, Zayatte, McShane, Mouyokolo, Dawson, Boateng, Hunt, Kilbane, Cairney, Zaki, Altidore.

The other games are too far ahead for accurate line up predictions.

My Week 25 Team:

Jussi
Verm     Hutton     Fox
Fabs     Lee     Wilshere     Arteta
Roo     Bendtner     Torres

Goalkeepers:

I've gone with Jussi (pictured above). It's a huge gamble as its feasible to get minus double digit return but equally I'm hoping it will pay off big. Jussi is a DGer but both games are away. However both games (@ West Ham and @ Sunderland) are against teams in and around Bolton in the league so it's likely to be tight cagey games. Now I've said that what are the odds on two 4-0 beatings lol!?!

If you don't fancy the gamble, the other standouts this week are Howard @ 8, Gordon @ 6 or James below 4. I also have to mention DGer Jenson @ 5.5 but I'd stay clear as I think @ Arsenal is a huge risk.

Defenders:

My 3 picked itself again this week. I have Verm @ 6 and will be a season keeper, Hutton has a home game against Bolton and Fox is a DGer & set piece taker for Burnley.

Others to consider are DGers Carlisle who is super cheap @ 4.5 after his -9 in week 24, Steinsson and a credit crunched R Ferdinand @ 7.

Midfielders:

Fabs is a must pick for me. I can see him causing havoc against Burnley! Lee is a DGer, joint set piece taker and has been the Bolton player of the season imo. Arteta is returning from injury and has been quiet so far but he is a quality player and with Fellani out & Cahill doubtful, I can see Arteta having a more advanced role against Hull. My final pick was tricky. I went with DGer Wilshere as I think Coyle will stick with a winning line up (other than replacing an injured Holden).

The big alternative to Wilshere was Burnley's Elliott. In my opinion Elliott is the safer pick with likely 6-8pts from his 2 games. Others to consider from the DGers are MTaylor and Eagles but both not sure starters so I stayed away. Gerrard ran Fabs close to pick of the week. If you can find the money to have both - go for it! Finally Nani must be considered as he is fresh, the most likely starter out of Man U's midfield & was on fire before the 3 game ban.

Strikers:

The big news is Rooney is doubtful for the Wolves game & not in Sky Sports' predicted line up above. The last time Roo was doubtful, he bagged 4 goals and 45 pts but I'd stay away @ full price but keep him if on discount. Bendtner is a no-brainer as he has scored in last 2 games and up against a woeful on the road Burnley. My last spot goes to Torres who I BD last week @ 16ish.

Alernatives include DGers Davies and Fletcher but I don't see these guys getting big points. Diamanti is a good shout alongside The Yak.

So overall, I am going with 4 DGers (3 Bolton and 1 Burnley) with the rest made up of 3 Arsenal and singles from Everton, Liverpool, Man U and Sunderland.

Barn Door for Week 26:

BBC Fixtures shows 2 games for Aston Villa (@ Stoke and @ Wigan) and Wigan (@ Bolton and Aston Villa). From the single gamers, look no further than the big 4 who all have attractive fixtures;

Hull vs Arsenal
Chelsea vs West Ham
Liverpool vs Portsmouth
Man U vs Fulham

Players I am looking to BD include DGers Agbon, Downing, Kirkland, Milner,  Nzogbia and Rod.

Moving forward, (again after feedback) I will make a commitment that every player I buy/sell will be immediately posted on this site via a blog post or a message on Chatroll so you can see exactly what I'm doing in real time.

What do you think of my week 25 team? How does it compare to yours?

Good luck to all in week 25!

Over and out
SK

PS Can I ask the one person that has clicked 30+ times into the Google ads to STOP please? I appreciate you had good intention but in reality it has cost me as 1) genuine hits earn less money and 2) I've had a warning from Google as they seen the 30+ hits from the same IP address. For the others, you've seen the ads on my site. If you see a Google ad that interests you, please click it or if you want to buy from Amazon, please go through my site. I hope you feel that's a FAIR deal for my blog lol?!





2 comments:

  1. Your blog just keeps getting better and better! Great team, but I just can't go with Jussi - too risky. Taking Howard and my hunch picks are Nani and K Davies. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the blog feedback Richard! You;ve got great picks in your S11. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete