Friday 12 March 2010

Week 26 Team


My wife is waiting for me to take her out for dinner so I'm going to make this a short post.

Week 26 Fixtures;

Sat, Mar 13
Hull v Arsenal

Stoke v Aston Villa
Chelsea v West Ham
Burnley v Wolves
Bolton v Wigan
Birmingham v Everton
Tottenham v Blackburn

Sun, Mar 14
Sunderland v Man City
Man Utd v Fulham
Liverpool v Portsmouth

Tue, Mar 16
Wigan v Aston Villa

So as you can see Aston Villa and Wigan have 2 games in week 26 with the remaining 18 teams playing just once so my team is loaded up with players from these 2 teams.
 
My Week 26 Team
 
Kirk
Verm     Hutton     Dunne
Downing     Young     Milner     NZog
Roo     Bendtner     Carew
 
Goalkeepers:
 
For me DGer Fridel was too expensive, so the decision was Kirk or Hilario. In the end, there wasn't  a decsion to make as Hilario is ruled out for Chelsea's home game with West Ham.
 
Defenders:
 
Regular readers of my blog know Verm and Hutton are permanent fixtures in my S11 and probably season keepers. I did have Fox @ 6 for the last few weeks but decided to sell as Dunne was too good a buy to turn down. Fox has been fantastic but his price is only 1.2 above what I had him for and with Burnley only playing once in week 27 where 8 teams have DGs, I thought it's the right time to sell. If Fox does well tomorrow, which is probable with a home match up against Wolves, I'll more than likely BD him.
 
Midfielders:
 
I was plesantly surprised by the price drop of the Villa middies on Tuesday so decided to take advantage by buying Downing, Milner and Young for a combined price of 35units. The big decision I had was whether to hang onto Arteta @ 7.9. In the end, I decided to go with DGer NZog as it's getting to the point in the season where discounts don't really mater. You need to play for the week ahead.
 
Strikers:
 
Roo is a season keeper for me and has a great match up home to Fulham who travelled to Turin mid-week. Bendtner is probably another season keeper. Hat-trick midweek means he must be on cloud nine and will surely spearhead Arsenal's title charge to the end of the season.  The final spot goes to Carew who will surely start after scoring a hat-trick in last weekend's FA cup.
 
OK, can't delay my wife any longer!

What do you think of my team & how does it compare to yours?
 
Thanks
SK
 

4 comments:

  1. Very nice team SK
    Thinking of swapping Fox/Wilshere/Agbonlahor to Scharner/N'Zogbia/Carew - already have the usual suspects in my team. You think I should do it?
    My gut tells me so, just afraid Scharner may be rested for 1 match and Agbonlahor to get the goals. Thanks again for the write up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey SK,

    Been reading your blog for a few weeks now - picked up the link from AM's site - and think it's good, but not been able to lead feedback before now, so thanks for changing the settings.

    Was away last week, so missed the drop in prices for Villa's midfielders ...

    Thinking ahead to next week, what do you think of Zhirkov? I know he won't get CS points, but he's a guaranteed started, and won't need to do much to return more than his value. Or do you think AJ of City would be a better pick for similar money?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for late replies;

    VS - I hope you did make the change!

    Jon - I'd take AJ ahead of Zhirkov.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your thought, but Zhirkov even more tempting at less than 5 - that's real value for a double gamer!! Head says AJ, but not sure what the heart says ...

    ReplyDelete