Tuesday 9 March 2010

Week 25 progress




Week 25 has been a good one for me so far with 106 pts leaving me on 2898pts overall and up 73 places to 181st in rankings. The big points scorers for me were Arteta (28), Bendtner (15 - although should have been a lot more!) and Wilshere (14.5). I have 5 players to come - Fox, Hutton, Jussi, Lee and Wilshere so with a bit of luck, I can approach 150pts for week 25.

An injured Roo resulted in a 2nd bagel in a row. The big consolation for me is I haven't lost ground in my private leagues so I should be in good shape once Roo returns to S11.

Torres has to go down as disapointment of the week. There were 3 gilt edged chances which you'd expect the Spaniard to take on a normal day. A yellow card meant minus 1.5 return on a player taking 1/6 of my budget! However I am seriously considering sticking with Torres for wk 26. Liverpool must be smarting after the Wigan loss so a home game against the league's basement club is ideal to get the club back on winning ways and back on track for the coverted 4th place finish. So I can see Pool putting on a show & Torres to be in the goals.

With Aston Villa winning in the FA cup @ the weekend, it confirms double fixture for Villa and Wigan in week 26. I already sense next week is going to be one of the trickiest of the season in terms of how many DGers you take i.e. do you forget about discounts and maximise on DGers or is it too soon to do that?

At present the only DGer I have is Kirk. Others I am looking to bring in are Milner, NZog and possibly Carew.

My Week 26 atm;

Kirk
Verm     Fox     Hutton
Fabs     Arteta     Walcott     Wilshere
Roo     Torres     Bendtner

So how are you doing in week 25 and are you gambling on the DGers for week 26?

Laters
SK

P.S. If you like my blog please follow me (YFF Scout) on Facebook via the Facebook box on left hand side of my homepage.


5 comments:

  1. Hey Scout, love your blog! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Scout, fantastic blog! Pe4ople, I made an error my clicking too many times on teh google ads which has caused Scout a lot of hassle. If you see an ad you like, plse click into it so the account goes back to normal. Its the least we can do for all this free advice which has gained me at least 60pts in the last month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi scout
    good job, keep it up! been following since u're first issue..

    -chugginton-
    jussi
    fox/rio/hutton
    fabs/downing/art/nzog
    bent/nando/carew

    4.74 left

    what do u think?

    -kraken-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anyone heard/read about the status of Gabby's flu???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don

    Thanks for you support and encouraging people to click on the ads. Obviously I want peps to click on the ads but its up to the readers. No pressure at all.

    Kracken

    Great team. Only suggestion is look at Kirk instead of Jussi but go with your gut feeling. that is the BEST advice antone can give. Good luck!

    Kukuski

    Not heard anymore on Gabbi. I'll see what the team news is on Fri before deciding on taking Gabbi or HRod.

    ReplyDelete