Wednesday 10 March 2010

Barn Door for week 26


So yesterday turned out to be a nightmare for my ff team. Bolton being on the end of a 4-0 beating by Sunderland meant minus 6 pts for Jussi, a merger 1.5 pts for yellow carded Lee and the silver lining was Wilshere with 7 pts. Moving onto my single Sunderland player, Hutton, returned a decent 7 pts. So overall, I am on 115.5 pts for week 25 with Fox to come tonight. Overall I am 177th.

The big news for FF managers was the price drop of Aston Villa players with the combination of Agbon, Downing, Milner and Young being 10+ units cheaper. The price drops has completedly changed my strategy for week 26 as the previous prices, imo, were too much so initially I wasn't planning on buyingVilla's DGers.

I fear their prices will go up after today's Burnley game as managers must be loading up on these chaps. Therefore I have bought the lot!

My Week 26 Team atm;

Kirk
Verm     Hutton     Fox
Arteta     Downing     Milner     Young
Roo     Bendtner     Agbon

If you want any of the Aston Villa players mentioned above, I strongly recommend you to buy them before today's points update. There is a doubt about Agbon as he sat out the FA Cup game due to flu. If Friday's team news confirms Agbon is still a doubt, I'll more than likely switch to HRod.

What are your thoughts on my team above? How does it compare to your week 26 team?

Finally, I realised my comments settings was making it difficult for people to leave feedback. This has been changed which means its much easier to leave feedback.

Regards
SK


8 comments:

  1. Hey Scout,

    I see you dropped Fabs (injury), but I read where he might try to make it back for this weekend. I'm waiting 'till the deadline to see if Fabs is back. Any thoughts on bringing him back if he gets the ok to play? Also, you've dropped Torres. I'm not sure about Torres either. I like him, but not 'pool. I might actually like to pick up an extra DG middy instead & go with a 3-5-2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SK,

    Your advice last week to drop Gerrard was right. I ended up with 117.5 with Fox to go. Thanks.

    For next week I have so far:

    Friedel
    Verm, Bale, Fox
    Milner, N'Zogbia, Wilshire, Arteta
    Bentner, Agbonlahor, Torres

    I am thinking of dropping Torres and Arteta for Cuellar and Rodallega, which would give me:

    Friedel
    Verm, Bale, Fox, Cuellar
    Milner, N'Zogbia, Wilshire
    Bentner, Agbonlahor, Rodallega


    I can't afford Dunne or I would take him over Cuellar. Anyway, still tinkering. Any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Down South, ideally I would have kept Fab as I had him @ 18 but I fear the Villa players' prices will go up when today's pts are loaded as managers must be loading up on them so couldnt afford to keep Fabs.

    Torres is a player I fancy for wk26 but I'm hoping Agbon/HRod will outscore him from 2 games compared to the single game for Torres. Anyway his price was only 0.1 above what I had him @ so can always bring him back into team I want.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gooner, your team looks great. Only thought is maybe downgrade Friedel to Kirk so you can upgrade Cuellar to Dunne?

    ReplyDelete
  5. SK,
    Great comments here!!!
    And your blog is a lot more user-friendly these days.
    I hope to load up on the DG's this weekend and hope the strategy finally works this time around. (Knock on wood...)
    Thanks and best regards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks SK. At the moment I have:

    Hilarious
    Verm (@6), Bale (@2), Hutton (@3), Cuellar (currently have Fox @6.5)
    Arteta, Milner, Downing
    Roo, Bendtner, Torres

    Any thoughts. Fox has done really well the past few weeks so am hesitant to drop him, but Villa have DG this week and next so a Villa defender makes sense? Friedel is just too much.

    Phil

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Kukuski - good luck for wk 26 & thanks for supporting my blog!

    Phil - I have the same dilemma as you i.e. Fox or Cuellar. At the moment, I'm thinking about holdimg onto Fox even though its a single gamer vs a DGer as Fox has been a ff scoring sensation.

    Agree with you re: Fridel - too expensive. I'm liking Kirk but Hilario is a decent 2nd option.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Which option is better?

    Option 1:
    Jensen
    Figueroa, Bale, Warnock, Cuellar
    Downing, Milner, N'Zogbia
    Heskey, Rodallega, Carew
    @99.77

    Option 2:
    Kirkland
    Figueroa, Caldwell, Bramble, Dunne
    Young, Petrov, Milner
    Carew, Rodallega, Scotland
    @99.83

    Many thanks in advance for your comments!!!

    ReplyDelete