Saturday 27 March 2010

My Week 28 Team


Week 27 is one I'd like to forget fast. I missed out on the likes of AYoung, Arteta and Carew  resulting in a poor return of 128 pts meaning I dropped 160+ places to 305th overall. No point crying over spilt milk so looking forward to week 28.

Week 28 fixtures:

Sat, Mar 27
Chelsea v Aston Villa
Birmingham v Arsenal
Bolton v Man Utd
Hull v Fulham
Wolves v Everton
West Ham v Stoke
Tottenham v Portsmouth

Sun, Mar 28
Liverpool v Sunderland
Burnley v Blackburn

Mon, Mar 29
Man City v Wigan


I'm sure you've noticed the Fulham-Wigan fixture which was scheduled for Apr 2 has been moved due to the Cottagers run in Europe. So week 28 turns into a single gamer for all clubs. The standout fixtures for me are Spurs at home to Pompey, Liverpool vs Sunderland, Man U away to Bolton and NW derby in Man C & Wigan.


Player Picks:

Goalkeeper:

Myhill
Given
Jensen

After Howard's injury, it's down to a choice from 3 imo. It really depends on how much you have to spend. If you need bargain basement, Myhill @ under 2 is a great pick up as I feel Fulham are on the start of a bad run so it's a good time to be playing them. If you have more to spend look at Jensen but if money was no object Given is the safest pick.

Defenders:

Bale
Jagielka
Ferreira
Bassong
Agger
Kaboul
Fox
Vidic


How jealous am I of the people with Bale @ 2.75? Answer = Damn jealous (insert crying noise)! Even at 11, Bale is the pick of the defenders. Injuries mean Bale may well start at left back rather than in midfield but I feel he plays better coming from deep so I still expect big points @ home to Pompey.  Jageilka has scored well since returning from injury and with Everton on a hot streak, I expect another good FF day for the ex Bolton player.  Ferreira is nailed on for a start due to Chelsea's injuries at the back. Home match against Villa isn't a straight forward fixture but one which Chelsea should come through if they are serious title contenders.

If you can't aford Bale but want to cover off  potential Spurs CS points, Bassong or Kaboul are bargain buys but be wary the former faces the dreaded late fitness test so would take Kaboul over SeaBass. Agger and Vidic are ridiculously cheap at under 8 and under 9 respectively. Finally a curve ball pick in Burnley's Fox who was on FF fire before getting injured. Reports suggest Fox is in line for a recall this weekend. Fox is the set-piece taker for Burnley and has an attractive home game against Blackburn so I am seriously tempted.

Midfielders:

Bentley
Arteta
Malouda
Gerrard
Fabs
Lampard
Bullard
Maxi

MF pick of the week is Bentley..... well I did think so until I read he may be struggling with an injury. It's still unclear as to whether Bentley is available for today's game. My feeling is if he is fit to play, Bentley will start. If not, Kranjcar will take his spot in team & take over set-piece duties. I am glad to have BD Arteta  as his price increased from under 9 to over 17. The Spaniard has been a FF gem in past seasons so may well keep him for rest of the season as his form is getting better game by game. Malouda is in the best form of his Chelsea career, getting more set-pieces and now finding the net on a regular basis. It's a tough decision on whether to keep him in week 29 where Chelsea are away to Man United but in week 28,  the Frenchman stays in my S11. My final spot goes to Maxi whom I expect to start as he is cup-ted in Europe and with a Europa match midweek, I expect Rafa will make most of Maxi in the Premiership.

So I have ignored the big 3 of Fabs, Lamps and Gerrard. Quite simply I couldn't afford any of them. If I had to take one, its SG @ 15 with a home game against Sunderland. Finally Bullard is back for Hull, if you BD him @ under 8, it's a great pick up, but even at full price, he is decent value.


Strikers:

Rooney
Drogba
Torres
Tevez
Crouch
Gudjohnsen
Bendtner

So when the season finishes and I analyse the mistakes, its likely to show the optimum week to sell Rooney was last week as I wanted Arteta & Carew but didn't want to lose the discount with Roo so went with him & Mikel instead. Off course keeping Roo may turn out to be the right decision if boy wonder goes on a scoring spree over the coming games. However keeping Roo cost me over 60 pts last week so expecting loyality bonus payment from England's best player to make amends haha. Bendtner was an injury doubt but Wenger confirmed in Friday's press conference that Bendtner should start against Birmigham and as I have him @ 5.8, he stays. Finally I really wanted a Spurs striker in my team and spent most of  the week cursing myself for not taking Pav on the DB @ below 10 but as it turns out the Russian is likely to start on the bench whilst recovering from a hamstring injury and with Defoe still out, Crouch and Gudjohnsen should start. Either one is worthy of  a place in the team but I've gone with Crouch as he is up against his old team and as you know strikers always score against their former clubs.

I may live to regret selling Drogs @ 22 but he has 2 tough fixures (Aston Villa & @ Man United) so decided to spread the money across the team rather than on one player.  Torres is on form again but is too expensive for my liking. In my opinion Tevez is a better option for week 28 but I am staying with Roo.


My Week 28 Team:

Myhill
Ferreira     Jagielka     Bale
Malouda     Arteta     Bentley     Maxi
Roo     Bendtner     Crouch

However I am still not decided on my team. For example, I will monitor the Bentley/Kranjcar situation and still not sure whether to take Maxi out & change formation to fit Fox in. I will confirm my final team by 11am.

At this stage in the season you don't want to be eating any bagels so please let me know if you have latest team news & how does my team compare to yours?

Danke
SK aka The Worst Fantasy Football Blogger Ever lol!

2 comments:

  1. i don't know where to find the knews about spurs... also have bentley - too sweet home to pompey, isn't he? But I really can´t have ZERO pts for a player who may not play at all... doubts doubts doubts doubts.

    P.S. thankx 4 good job this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Danyel. Seen my updated team? Decided to trade Bentley to Gerrard for eaxactly that reason - can't afford to take a bagel evn though who ever does start (Bentley/Kranjcar if not both) will have a field day against Pompey's reserves.

    ReplyDelete