Sunday 28 February 2010

Barn Door for Week 25


With the late Sunday games still be to be registered, I have a poor 44pts for the week and seen my ranking fall to 275th. The big loser for me and many of you was Hilario's -9.5pts which is the worst individual score I've had this season!

I have Gerrard, Maxi, Richardson and Hutton outstanding so I calculate about 35ish pts in total although yellow cards for the Sunderland pair was annoying. This will take me to about 80pts for the week which I would have shaken hands on after the Hilario debarcle.

Update Mon 1st March: I finished the week on 78pts leaving me on 2792 pts and 254th overall.

Barn Door for Week 25:

Torres is back an scored today. Current price of 16ish is a bargain so get in there before his price goes up!

Week 25 has DGs for Bolton and Burnley so I have the likes of Jussi, Fox, Lee and Wilshere in my S11. Arsenal and Everton have strong home games with Burley and Hull respectively so I have Fabs and Arteta alongside Verm and Bendtner who were already in my team.

My Week 25 Team atm;
Jussi
Verm     Hutton     Fox
Lee     Fabs     Wilshere     Arteta
Roo     Bendtner    Torres

How are you doing in week 24 and what are your thoughts for week 25?

Please leave feedback if you find this blog useful?

SK

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for your efforts and advice on your blog SK. Sorry you are not getting as many people using it though - I think most people use AM's blog mostly. But hope it improves in the coming weeks, keep promoting it on AM's blog. Seeing your team an hour before the deadline is a help!

    We have very similar teams for week 25, but I have Bale at 2.8 and he is a season-keeper.

    Phil, Durban (South Africa)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SK,
    Make it easier for people to post comments on your blog and then you can have a lot more comments...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quick one SK, who'd be a better pick up? Torres at 16.47 or Rooney at full price (23.48)? Furthermore, can you just say who you'd have in your team if you didn't have Rooney. Thanks a lot! Will support this blog all the way mate

    VS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thx for feedback Meera and Oladipo. The comments field is the standard one on all Blogger blogs. I will feed this back via the Blogger support team.

    Richard, I'd go for Torres as Roo could be benched with a slight knee injury & CL game with AC Milan on the horizon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks SK, may prob buy Pienaar or Valencia/Nani with the extra points since I'd probably not get Rooney. And the fact that you post your team early is great. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SK,

    I really like your blog. It's always nice to have another opinion.

    I have a couple of questions.

    First, any idea if Maxi will stay in the starting lineup for Liverpool?

    Second, I have 8.57 to spend on 1 player at any position. I have so far:

    Almunia
    Verm, Bale, Hutton
    Fab, Gerrard, Maxi, Arteta
    Torres, Bentner

    Was thinking Heitinga, although that would violate your rule of never going 4-4-2. Any suggestions?

    I'm also not that happy with Maxi, but he's cheap. I have no double gamers, but I don't really like any of them. Decisions decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Gooner, its good we support the right North London club lol!

    Personally I have sold Maxi. I think his chances to stay in the S11 is more than 50-50 since he set up the winning goal but I also feel there are better buys out there i.e. Lee or Holdon.

    Looking at you team, imo I'd think about selling SG. Outstanding no doubt but ff wise Stevie hasn't been producing the pts. This week, he scored but only got an additional 3 pts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gooner, if you wanted to keep SG, for 8.57 I'd go with Holden but wait for predicted line ups to see if he is likely to start. If Holden doesn't start I'd go with Wilshere (agin see if he's likely to start or Kevin Davies. All there are DGers.

    ReplyDelete