Wednesday 24 February 2010

Week 23 over...Roll on week 24

So a crushing 3-0 victory for Man U gainst West Ham brings a close to week 23. Last night proved a successful one for me with 71 pts from Rooney, Valencia, Evra, Park, C Cole and Upson. I also had Fletcher and Parker who didn't play. I finished week 23 with 169.5 pts, overall I am on 2713 pts which leaves me 208th overall.

I feel for the FF managers with VDS in their team. Minus 7 @ Eve and then benched last night. One of my golden rules is GK position should be cheap. It's very rare for me to spend more than 8 units on a GK.

My 10 Golden Rules;

  1. GK position should be cheap as possible and usually a home match.
  2. Maximise set peice & penalty takers.
  3. I never play 4-4-2. This is the season of the srikers so I have played 3-4-3 all season but I have played 3-5-2 in past seasons.
  4. Check your players are not injured via the Physio Room link on left hand side of this site.
  5. Check your players are not suspended via the FA suspension list.
  6. Check Sky Sports for predicted line ups on Friday evenings.
  7. Check Starting 11 Rate My Team to see what other players are doing.
  8. Always pick players for the week ahead only unless you have huge discounts such as Bale @ 2.75.
  9. Make sure you check the following week's fixtures before 12pm GMT deadline and have an idea of players you want on BD.
  10. Buy your BD players immediately after the 12pm deadline as player prices will go up if there are lots of managers buying the same players so get in there first!
Moving onto week 24:
The fixtures list is
Saturday, 27 February 2010Birmingham v Wigan, 15:00Bolton v Wolverhampton, 15:00Burnley v Portsmouth, 15:00Chelsea v Man City, 12:45Stoke v Arsenal, 17:30

Sunday, 28 February 2010Liverpool v Blackburn, 15:00Sunderland v Fulham, 15:00Tottenham v Everton, 13:00
As you can see Aston Villa, Hull, Man U and West Ham don't play in week 24 so avoid players from these clubs unless you have them on huge discounts such as Rooney @ 16.
The standout fixture for me is Liverpool at home against Blackburn. I read a stat that approx 75% of goals scored against Blackburn this season are from strikers which is the highest in the league. Couple this with the fact Torres is back, I'm seriously tempted to get the Spaniard in my team. However my problem is I have Roo @ 16 and BD Drogs @ 22 so by taking Torres as well, 54% of my budget would be taken by 3 players!
Options to get Torres (assuming he is fit and predicted to start);

  • My gut is telling me to drop Drogs but I've said that for the last 2 weeks and I've missed out on 4 goals and 40+ points (Ars and @ Wolves). Drogs is against a tough Man C team and Chelsea don't play in wk 25 so there are compelling reasons to sell but for now Drogs stays.

  • Option 2 is to sell Rooney - yes you heard right I'M THINKING ABOUT SELLING ROONEY!!!! My golden rule 8 is pick players for the week ahead only but I do say "unless you have huge discount" and I guess this applies with Rooney.

  • Currently 3rd Striker spot is Bendtner @ 5ish. Arsenal are away to Stoke where they have lost in the last 2 visits (last season in the Prem and this season's FA Cup) and Eduardo is back so Bendtner's place in S11 is not assured. However as I said above having Torres + Roo + Drogs takes 54% of my budget.
Other Liverpool players I like are Skrtel, Yossi and Stevie G. I currently have Stevie G in my team but will need to swap SG to Yossi to fit in Torres.
Other teams I like for week 24 are Birmingham, Bolton, Burnley and Sunderland. Players to consider from these teams;
GK:
Jussi, Jenson and Gordon
DF:
Hutton, R Johnson and Cahill (if fit).
MD:
Larsson, Eagles, M Taylor and Lee.
STR:
Flecther, Nugent, Davies, Elm and Bent.
Out of the list above, I have Hutton and Larsson in my team atm.
My Week 24 Team;
James
Verm Hutton Skrtel
Stevie G A Johnson Larsson Zhirkov
Roo Drogs Bendtner
How did you do in week 23? What are your thoughts for wk 24? Do you find my posts useful? Please leave feedback.
That's all for now. I'll post further thoughts closer to the Sat dealine and remeber my final team will be posted on this website at least 1hr before the dealine.
SK

5 comments:

  1. Hi YFF Scout, thank you very much for your 10 golden rules!

    But may I ask what is point 7?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Worthy of note:
    1. Cech injured
    2. Adebayor red-carded
    3. Bale + BAE played together for Spurs and had a clean sheet
    4. Stoke very strong especially at the Britannia Stadium
    5. Coyle left Burnley for Bolton and the two clubs may just be in trouble...
    6. I love YFF and all ye active bloggers
    Manager, Kukuski FC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Caleb, Starting 11 is a fantasy footall forum where mangers post their weekly team to be rated by others.

    Oladipo

    It will be interesing to see how long Cech is injured as we may have a bargain keeper from the fab 4 to buy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh F@!$##$@#$@#$@#$. wrote a looong reply and lost it!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS SO NOT COOL.

    Sorry man... was saying thanks for the blog and giving my thoughts.

    Summary: Drogs-YES. Rooney-YES - taking the knock and taking a gamble on Pavlyuchenko eventhough Im really wanting Torres.

    We shall see what happens, but if all else fails, Im just gonna get him on the barn door after the game!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the blog. I really like the fact that you post your team before the deadline.

    Anyway, right now Im sitting on...
    Almunia
    Verm/Bale/Hutton
    Modric/Fab/Eagles/Gerrard/AJ
    Bendtner/Torres

    Any thoughts on Bale and his starting roll? I BD'd Modric for 7 and have been sitting on him since. He's returned his value so far, but Im concerned with him splitting time with Kranj. I could probably swap him out for AJ if Torres isnt starting and I go with Drogba. What are you doing with Skrtel out?

    Thanks again

    ReplyDelete