Sunday 21 February 2010

Barn Door for Week 24





Its been a good week for me for me so far with 98.5pts thanks largely to Robbo's CS today. Overall I'm up to 190th although I expect to fall outside top 200 thanks to Downing's brace Vs Burnley.

I have 8 DGers to come (5 Man u & 3 WH) so here's hoping for more points midweek.

Early thoughts for week 24;

I can't continue getting burnt by Drogs so I've shelled out 22% of my budget on 1 player! Home game against Man C is not a favourable fixture but I'm NOT going to bet against Drogs anymore. Sod's law means probable minus points next week!

Week 24 has 8 fixtures so Man U, Aston Villa, Hull and West Ham don't have games. The big decision for me is whether to hang onto Rooney @ 16. For now he stays in my team but I will assess after the midweek game. If Rooney has a poor game and his value drops below 20, I'll seriously consider selling as

1) Torres is back
2) There are several weeks coming up where teams have DGs.

The standout fixure is Liverpool home to Blackburn. Stevie G has been poor this season but I have a hunch SG will go big soon. I also like Srktel @ 6.

Other teams with favourable home games are Birmingham, Bolton, and Sunderland.

Week 24 Team atm;

James
Verm Hutton Skrtel
SG Larsson AJ Zhirkov
Roo Drogs Bendtner


This team is likely to change. I am hoping to swap James to Jussi or Jenson who's value is likely to fall after shipping 5 goals today. Also I'm not so keen on Zhirkov.


How are you doing in week 23 and what are your thoughts for week 24?


SK

4 comments:

  1. what teams have lots of double games coming up?

    not doing good at all this week only 58points so far with defoe,spector,valencia and owen still to play.

    im really struggling with my team for next week its currently saved like this but dont really like it

    jussi
    bikey dunne rjohnson
    gerrard ajohnson ohara fab
    defoe bendtner kalinic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Team with double games:

    Week 27:

    Wigan & Aston Villa

    Week 28:
    6 teams including Chelsea

    Week 29: Fulham & Wigan

    Check out url below for full fixtures; http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/fixtures/default.stm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me try again; week 25 Sunderland, Bolton and Burnley. Week 26 Wigan and AV, week 27 6 teams including Chelsea and week 28 Fulham and Wigan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice thanks for that. i guess darren bent could be a nice pick up so

    ReplyDelete