Friday 2 April 2010

My Week 29 Team


Hi Folks

Sorry but this will be a short post as I am not feeling very well. Arraagghh didums I hear you say!!

You are reading a depressed YFFScout. Week 28 proved to be another disasterous week as I picked around the points again. Ended the week on 87.5 pts which resulted in 110 places fall in rankings to 413th. I'm in real danger of finishing outside the top 500 unless I buckle up my ideas!

Week 29 fixtures;

Sat, Apr 3
Arsenal v Wolves
Bolton v Aston Villa
Burnley v Man City
Sunderland v Tottenham
Stoke v Hull
Portsmouth v Blackburn
Man Utd v Chelsea

Sun, Apr 4
Everton v West Ham
Birmingham v Liverpool
Fulham v Wigan


Week 29 is a single gamer for all teams. The standout fixture is Man U vs Chelsea but FF wise it's one to avoid. Arsenal at home to Wolves, Everton's match up against the Hammers and Stoke - Hull stick out as solid home wins and with the race for 4th spot getting to the business end both Man C and Spurs should & expected to win away.

Goalkeepers:

Howard
Almunia
Given
Jussi
Brown
Myhill

If money was no object, I'd say the list above is in order of preference. Unfortunately I can't afford the top 3 so I'm going with Jussi. Bolton on paper have a tough match up against Villa but the Midlands club is going through a bad run of form and I'm hoping it will continue tomorrow. In addition Coyle has shored up Bolton's defence and their home record under the Scotsman is very impressive.

Defenders:

Verm
Sol
Jagielka
Smalling
Bale
Fox

Obviously Arsenal and Everton are favourites to keep a clean sheet this week. Verm is the standout buy at 9.5. If that's too dear, Sol is a great pick up @ under 6 as with Gallas' injury the ex England international should get a run out. Jagielka has been a consistent points scorer averaging 8 points per game and with his price under 8 units, is a must pick for me up against free falling West Ham. I'm going left field with my final pick in Fox. OK he didn't pay off last week with -1.5 return but I've decided to give the Burnley defender one more chance as I have him @ 6.

Midfielders:

Nasri
Arteta
Etherington
O'Hara
Bullard
Dunn
AJ

With Fabregas injured, I expect Nasri to fill in & take over on set pieces so is a great pick up @ 10. Arteta is still a doubt for the game on Sunday but is a no brainer if fit. Etherington has a great match up against Hull and has done well for me in the past so he will get a spot in my team. My final pick is tricky as I have Malouda @ 10 but doesn't have a great match up this week.  I'm tempted to sell and take O'Hara but with the Frenchman on fire lately and Pompey focussing on FA Cup semi, I will stick rather than twist.

Strikers:

Bendtner
Saha
Torres
Tevez
Fuller
Roberts
Kalinic

So I have finally sold an injured Roo. It's official now that I am 2 weeks too late in doing so but freakily it feels like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders as if I am free again haha. I expect both Bendtner and Saha to have productive weeks and are the star buys up front.  I BD Torres @ 19 last week and although Pool have a tough match away to Brum, I will find it very hard to sell the Spaniard in his current form.

My Week 29 Team;

Jussi
Fox     Sol    Jag
Nasri     Arteta     Eth     Malouda
Bendtner    Saha    Torres

I will be looking out for the latest on Arteta's fitness tomorrow and if the news is negative, I will change my S11 before the deadline. If it does, I will let you know via a post or on Chatroll.

Being unwell, I haven't done as much research as I would like this week so I'd like to get your views on my team please? Any picks you like/dislike?

Good luck in week 29

SK signing out

1 comment:

  1. Hey SK,

    With Arteta prob out, going to replace him with Cahill - gets the nod ahead of Pienaar as Cahill should play further forward.

    Looking at other forums, speculation that Campbell may not play. Won't risk picking him as Arsenal will prob not keep a clean sheet and he's a horrible point scorer.

    Anyone saw that Soccernet article on Arteta that indicated Jagielka may not play? Won't risk Jags too, I may be completely wrong, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

    Going with Huth-Garrido as I couldn't afford Heitinga/Ollson. Very safe choice as both should start for certain.

    As for MF, was worried about Nasri's starting role given Barca match on Tues, but I do feel Arsenal need him to play. Could have swapped him with Walcott but Nasri gets the nod because he takes set pieces.

    Took Saha instead of Torres. King Louis joins Bendtner and Tevez in front.

    The biggest dilemma is if I should drop Bullard for Etherington. Have Jummy @11 and his fixture next week is too good. However Ethers has double game nx week and 'should' score well today. If Hull played another game so we'd understand how much fight they have to stay up.

    Have a great week guys!
    (Believe in Berbatov)

    ReplyDelete