Friday 9 April 2010

My Week 30 Team


At the end of week 26, I was 141st in rankings and dreaming about a top 100 finish. 3 painful weeks later I am 603rd overall and struggling to beat my PB finish of 560ish. Just when I thought I had this game sussed oh how it bites you in the backside lol. OK moaning over (feel better now), lets get to week 30.

Week 30 Fixtures;

Sat, Apr 10
West Ham v Sunderland
Hull v Burnley

Sun, Apr 11
Blackburn v Man Utd
Liverpool v Fulham
Man City v Birmingham
Wolves v Stoke

Tue, Apr 13
Chelsea v Bolton

Wed, Apr 14
Wigan v Portsmouth
Tottenham v Arsenal
Aston Villa v Everton

First point to note is the Fulham-Stoke game has been re-scheduled so week 30 is a single gamer for 20 clubs which is bad news for FF managers who stocked up on the DGers.
 
The standout teams for this week are Chelsea (home to Bolton), Hull (home to out of form Burnley), Wigan (home to basement club Pompey), Liverpool (home to tired Fulham) and Man City (home to nothing to play for Birmingham). I expect most of your team will be from these clubs.
 
Goalkeepers;
 
Myhill
Kirk
Given
 
For me its a choice of Myhill or Kirk. My preference is Kirk but may change to the Hull player if I need to re-jig my team. You will understand later in the post. If you have more money to spend, Given is a given.
 
Defenders;
 
Ferriera
Carra
Sylvinho
JT
Garrido
Jagielka
Upson
Mouyokolo
 
With the injuries Chelsea have at the back, I expect Ferriera will continue in the starting 11 and is a great buy @ 6. Liverpool found their form again midweek against Benfica and with a must win game against tired Fulham after the midweek game in Germany, Carra is a great pick up this week @ 8. Sylvinho is a dirt cheap buy @ 2, ok he may not start for Man City but at that price is not much of a gamble. If the Brazilian doesn't start, I expect Garrido will be the replacement so watch out for the team news. Jagielka is still under 8 but has a tricky fixture @ Villa. Upson usually scores well and has a decent chance of clean sheet home to Sunderland. West Ham's draw away to Everton last week could be the break the Hammers need and I expect Zola's team to maintain the momentum with a home win this week. Final recommendation is a curve ball in Mouyokolo. The Hull defender could/should get a CS against Burnley and is a shot blocking machine so a decent pick up @ 6.
 
Midfielders;
 
Lampard
Gerrard
Malouda
Bullard
NZogbia
JCole
Zhirkov
AJ
 
Lampard should be in line for a big points haul this week with a home game against Bolton but is too expensive for me. Gerrard must be heading for a massive week soon but I've been burnt by him too many times. Malouda is in great form and I have him @ 10, so he is staying in my team. NZog is Wigan's set-piece taker and is a must buy @ 10 with a home game against Pompey. Similarly Bullard is the must have player from Hull's team. At present I am holding JCole @ 7. I'm not sure he will stay as he is a rotation & injury risk with Chelsea playing in the FA Cup semi before the Premiership game. If Joe goes, I'm thinking about taking an extra defender with Upson which means I will need to change Kirk for Myhill. AJ is a great pick up if you have him on BD. I wouldn't pay full price of 11 units for a player not certain to start.
 
Strikers;
 
Drogba
Torres
HRod
Tevez
CCole
 
I have Bendtner @ 6 so he stays, leaving 2 from the 5 above. I can't afford both Torres and Tevez. So of the two, I'm leaning towards the Spaniard as he is 2 units cheaper and imo is the better bet for points. If you can have both, go for it! The final spot in my team goes to HRod. I know, I know, HRod has been a huge disappointment to many of you but the South American is a hit or miss type of player. He will score 20+ points or next to nothing but I have a hunch.
 
My Week 30 Team atm;
 
Kirk
Carra     Ferriera     Sylvinho
Malouda     Bullard     JCole     NZog
Bendtner     Torres     HRod
 
I will post my final team by 11am tomorrow.
 
Good luck!
SK

No comments:

Post a Comment